The FilterPave® system sets the green standard for hard-surfaced porous pavements, with features, performance and environmental benefits that surpass standards for pavements of its kind. Made from 100% post-consumer recycled glass, FilterPave pavements are eco-friendly and attractive and allow you to reflect your design vision.
- Highly-Aesthetic Surface: With architectural aesthetics, the FilterPave surface is a colorful mosaic of recycled variant-colored glass bonded with a high-strength natural binder made by BASF. Color varies by region and optional color enhancements are available.
- High Porosity: The structurally-sound system is twice as porous as other hard-surfaced porous pavements, resulting in a greater reduction of stormwater runoff.
- High Percent Use of Recycled Materials: The pavement utilizes a high percentage (~90%) of 100% post-consumer recycled glass in the mix, allowing the constructive use of abundant materials that are traditionally landfilled. The specially-processed and bonded glass is as safe as any traditional surface on which to walk or drive.
- Low Environmental Impact: The highly permeable surface is a natural low-impact development BMP for reducing stormwater runoff, managing stormwater on-site and reducing the requirements and costs for stormwater collection systems.
- Eco-Friendly: The adhesive is comprised of 2/3 natural plant-based resin, safe for marine and plantlife.
With a hardened surface comparable with open-graded base course (OGBC), the system can be designed to handle light-to-heavy pedestrian or vehicular traffic loads with permeable base when required.
- Parking Areas
- Golf Cart Pathways
- Sidewalks and Driveways
- Pedestrian Patios
- Boat Ramp Landings
LEED® Green Building Credits
FilterPave pavements contributes to LEED® green building credits in the following categories:
- Reduced Site Disturbance
- Stormwater Quality and Quantity Control
- Reduced Heat Island Effect
- Recycled Material Content
The FilterPave system is installed by Wheeler Zamaroni.
Contact Us today to speak to one of our FilterPave experts